RHS believes that it is in the best interest of our society as a whole, of each employer, and of each individual to purchase primary and preventive healthcare directly from a healthcare provider.
The current system, whereby primary and preventive healthcare is purchased indirectly through a healthcare insurance policy is estimated to add administrative costs of $40 for each $100 spent in primary healthcare.
When primary and preventive healthcare are purchased directly by an individual or by an employer, on behalf of the population on its healthcare plan, wonderful things happen.
- – The unit cost of the primary care purchased goes down;
- – The volumes of primary care purchased go up;
- – The likelihood of catching early preconditions and conditions, before their severity and associated costs escalate to much higher levels goes up;
- – Over time, the individual and the population health risks go down; and therefore
- – The all-in cost of healthcare goes down.